Childbirth Preparation Classes
July 21, 2012 9:00 am - July 21, 2012 12:00 pm
CGRMC Discovery and Encounter Rooms
July 7, 14, 21 (Registration is for the series of three classes.)
Time: 9:00 a.m.-12:00 noon
Register for classes by leaving a message on the Childbirth Education Hotline: 520-381-6543. Someone will return your call within 14 days.
Dates are subject to change; please call ahead for verification.
Why are Childbirth Preparation classes important?
The words “childbirth” and “labor” often trigger a variety of emotions, including relief that the pregnancy will finally be over, anticipation of the joy and responsibility of parenting, and hopes for the new baby. They may also bring on fear of pain, uncertainty that something may go wrong, or just anxiety of the unknown. In Childbirth Preparation Class, our purposes is to give you knowledge, tools, and techniques to help you face your “labor day” with confidence. During the class series, you will learn about:
● What to expect during your hospital stay.
● Your body in labor and birth.
● Choices and options for yourself and your newborn.
● Teamwork: how you and your support person(s) can be active participants in your baby’s birth.
● Labor comfort techniques.
● Labor medications and epidurals.
● Cesarean sections.
● Your newborn’s first few days.
● You body after childbirth
● Relaxation, visualization, imagery.
● Breathing exercises for labor.
You will also be given a tour of CGRMC Labor and Delivery Department.
How do I get registered?
● Choose a class from the schedule which will end two to six weeks before your due date.
● Call the Childbirth Education Hotline at 520-381-6543 to leave your name, phone number, due date, and desired class dates. Your call will be returned within 1-2 weeks to complete the registration.
● Please inquire about the class fee at time of registration. All fees are non-refundable.
● AHCCCS members receive the class as a benefit of the health plan. Please present your enrollment card at the first class.
● Class size is limited so call early in your pregnancy to register.
● We encourage you to bring a support person with you to each class. This person should be the one who will be with you during labor, if possible.
● Class are held in the CGRMC Education Center (across from the cafeteria). Please be on time.
What do I need to bring to class?
● Your support person
● Two large pillows
● A blanket or sheet (optional)
● AHCCCS card
Refreshments and educational materials are provide at each class.